Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pantheon Tours

Every time I’ve walked near the Pantheon when it was light outside I inevitably see at least five tour groups, with the fearless leader holding some random silly flag or umbrella trying to keep the group together. This week I saw a tour group sitting on under the shade of the overhang, behind the pillars enjoying their lunch. This was really funny to see because you don’t really see people sitting on the stairs of any other church eating lunch, dare I say that some might even consider it to be inappropriate, but for some reason this particular church is different. Why is it okay to eat here and even forget for a while that this is a place of worship? I actually think that most people that haven't been the the Pantheon (and even some that have) don't know that it is a church.

No comments: